Job Vacancy: Office Manager – The Nook Brewhouse
Salary: £18K – £21K negotiable dependant on experience.
Hours: 40hours per week some occasional evening and weekends work may be required
A position has opened up in our company for an Office Manager. This exciting role is fast paced and diverse with no two days being the same. The job would suit a trustworthy individual who is driven, practical and imaginative.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Marketing of The Nook Brewhouse; The Tap House bar and restaurant, The Nook Pub and future openings.
- General enquires and customer service for all part of the business including accommodation booking and enquiries
- Administration and book keeping.
- Beer sales and cask swaps from the Nook Brewhouse, including coordinating deliveries.
- Monthly beer duty returns.
- Updating respective websites and social media.
- Managing the company presence and participation at event
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- Highly personable, professional individual with exceptional communication skills in written and oral forms.
- Able to liaise and build good working relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Creative and innovative with an ability to see ‘the wider picture’.
- Exceptionally organised and able to work quickly, effectively and multitask.
- Able to manage and lead maintaining good relationships with other members of staff.
- File effectively and ensure the smooth running and organisation of the office.
- Knowledge of Brewery management and accommodation booking software
- Able to work independently.
- Familiarity with WordPress blogging and website platform.
- Knowledge of the brewing process and industry.
- A full clean driving licence and own transport
- Flexible individual who would be able to work their hours to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Two years’ experience in a business or sales role, with strong mathematical, written and analytical skills.
The role is within a family company running four businesses; The Nook Pub, The Rooms at the Nook, The Tap House, and The Nook Brewhouse.
The Nook Pub has been owned and run by the Roberts family for nearly 50 years, the Nook has been a real ale haven and has enjoyed regular entry to The CAMRA Good Beer Guide throughout this period. The pub has two beer festivals per year and regularly contributes to the numerous festivals in Holmfirth. The pub is well known locally and further afield for its individuality and character. In 2014 8 en-suite bedrooms were created above the Nook and now the Rooms at the Nook welcome guest from around the country and the globe to enjoy what Holmfirth has to offer.
In 2008 construction began on a plot of land to the rear of The Nook to become its Brewhouse. The Brewhouse is a 5 barrel plant built in a tower design in line with more traditional methods of brewing.
The Brewhouse aims to be as environmentally sustainable as possible with the tower design utilising gravity to assist the transfer of product from one stage to the next and reusing thermal energy wherever possible. The Brewhouse attempts to source local ingredients and use local suppliers whenever possible.
The Tap House, Bar and Restaurant
The Tap House opened in 2014 and is a relaxed and casual bar and restaurant. Product focus is on beers and real ales from The Nook Brewhouse as well as catering for larger functions and contributing to numerous festivals in Holmfirth.
The group’s portfolio on businesses is being expanded this year with the refurbishment and opening of a brand new venue close to Holmfirth.
For further questions about the role please email@example.com
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please send a written application to;
The Nook Brewhouse,
7B Victoria Square,
Application closing date is 28th May 2013, with interviews being held on the 5-7th June.
The Nook Brewhouse is an equal opportunities employer.
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application