We require an Assistant Manager – Full-Time Position
Due to an increase in business demands we have a new vacancy for an assistant manager to join the team at the Holmfirth Vineyard.
Holmfirth Vineyard is set in idyllic location overlooking the Holme Valley. As well as wine production the business has expanded over the years and now boasts a very busy restaurant trade, 7 self catering holiday apartments and tours of the vineyard which are a very popular tourist attraction.
With the addition of a function room back in 2017 the vineyard is now developing a growing wedding and events trade.
What the role involves:
- Leading from the front and managing the floor of a high turn over restaurant
- Ensuring the high service standards outlined by the General Manager and Directors are being consistently met
- Assisting the General Manager with staff training, recruitment and development
- Hosting tours of the vineyard (full training will be given)
- Assisting the general manager in the planning and execution of all weddings and events at the vineyard
- Working closely with the kitchen team to develop new menus and ideas to help increase sales.
- Occasional reception duties – call handling, admin, reservations etc.
- Completing staff rotas
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 2 years management (or supervisor) experience in a restaurant or hotel environment
- Experience working with events/ weddings, in either a sales or operational role
- This is a hands on position and the successful candidate will need to get stuck in and lead from the front
- Due to the location of the vineyard access to your own transport is a necessity
- The successful candidate will receive a competitive hourly rate based on previous experience
- The working pattern will be between 30 and 50 hours a week depending on the business needs, working 5 days out of 7.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com (FAO Rebecca Sheveling)
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st June at 5pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 24th June
£20,000 – £23,000 depending on experience.
Please add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application