The accountabilities outlined in this job description will be amended from time to time in order to reflect changes in business requirements
Job Purpose •
- In day to day control of the kitchen, making sure all company procedures are carried out, discipline in conjunction with management, hygiene, daily purchasing, stock takes, date coding. Maintain required GP levels.
- Monitoring standards to maintain highest standards of food and presentation.
- Developing and planning new menus and organising functions.
- Plans menus for all food service locations considering customer base, popularity of various dishes, controls holidays and all kitchen costs.
- Schedules and co-ordinates the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
- Establishes controls to minimise food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles.
- Develops and tests recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimise food costs; exercises portion control over all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for the budget in area of responsibility; projects annual food and labour costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action where necessary to help ensure that financial goals are met.
- Developing the kitchen staff: Delegating responsibility when people are ready for it, growing people’s positions and roles to push their abilities and creates for them a job that is satisfactory and rewarding. Recognising achievement, effort, and accomplishment and giving acknowledgement for it.
- Hires, trains, and supervises the work of food production staff.
- Maintenance of all records and sample items appertaining to the same.
- Liaise with the F&B Manger and the whole kitchen staff.
- Being responsible for the morale and enthusiasm of the kitchen.•
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications (relating to specialist knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role).
• Awareness and understanding of all hygiene requirements
• Requires ability to work as a Team Leader.
• Organising and co-ordinating skills.
• Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties, ability to provide or arrange for training.
• More than 10 years experience in quality food production.
• Minimum of City and Guilds or NVQ Level 3
• Recruitment training done.
SALARY 20 -24 k per year
To apply, please, send your CV and cover letters to email@example.com
Please, add “as seen on Holmfirth Events” within your application.