Team The Trading Team
Location Forget Me Not Shop, 11 Victoria Street, Holmfirth, HD9 7DF
Time commitment 4 + per week
Claim Expenses Yes (in line with our Volunteer Expenses Policy)
DBS Check Yes
We are looking for volunteers who strive to be brilliant – it’s not just money that keeps the cogs turning here at Forget Me Not, it’s our fantastic army of volunteers generously donating their time and effort!
And by becoming part of our volunteering team, you’ll find there are many more opportunities to get involved with all things Forget Me Not!
Who will show me what to do?
Our fantastic Trading Team will show you the ropes and give you all the support you need to get the most value from your time.
What will I be doing?
We believe variety is the spice of life, so we like to make our roles varied so you can gain new experiences and enhance your skills. The role of Shop Assistant Volunteer may include:
- Ensuring quality customer service
- Handling money
- Introducing gift aid to donors
- Promoting the Forget Me Not lottery
- Sorting and steaming clothes
- Looking after customers
- Housekeeping and merchandising
- Be a positive role model for our younger volunteers
How many hours will I work?
We appreciate any time you can donate to us and can be flexible to fit around you. For this role, we’d like to offer you half a day per week.
Do I need any skills/experience?
It is helpful if you have done this sort of work before, however it is not essential because you will be trained to do the tasks we ask you to do. If you work in the shop you will need to be comfortable talking to members of the public and handling money. We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to ask for help when needed
- Open, positive & passionate about what we do as a charity
- Full induction & training provided
- Gain qualifications while volunteering
- Enhance your CV
- Make new friends
- Claim volunteer expenses
- Flexible shifts
- Full retail experience
- Support the local community
- Gain basic numeracy skills & language skills
- Learn new skills such as; prioritising workload & attention to detail
Skills & qualities that can be gained:
- Becoming a self-starter
- Cultural awareness
- Team work
- Critical thinking
- Cash handling
- Staying calm under pressure
This role may require you to have a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
As a volunteer you will be a representative of Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice. As such we expect you to be well presented, polite and to give a positive message about the work of the charity as well as behaving in a safe manner.
All our volunteers are encouraged to attend training and volunteer meetings whenever possible.
For further information please visit www.forgetmenotchild.co.uk or contact Kielly Law, Volunteer Partner on or email firstname.lastname@example.org